Home > 

Benefits and Reduction Information

Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction

Local Councils administer these to help people on low incomes.

Housing Benefit helps towards the costs of rent and is is a benefit based on rules set by central government. Housing Benefit is also sometimes known as rent rebate, rent allowance and Local Housing Allowance.

Council Tax Reduction helps towards paying Council Tax. It is now a local reduction scheme decided by local councils and is not a benefit payment. 

To claim Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction you will need to complete a claim form and provide relevant supporting documents. Complete the claim form online Claim Housing/Council Tax Reduction (opens in new window)

For more details see Making a Claim

To understand more about your Housing Benefit Decision Notice please see:

Terms and Disclaimer | Accessibility | Statistics | Contact us