At Mid Suffolk District Council, councillors meet on a regular basis to discuss policy and make decisions on behalf of our local communities.
We have a number of meetings that are held throughout the year:
- Council: Council is responsible for setting the budget, council tax and signficiant policies for the area.
- Executive: The Executive is the Council's main decision making body, responsible for providing effective strategic leadership.
- Licensing Committee: The Committee is responsible for formulating the Council's Policies under the Licensing Act 2003 and the Gambling Act 2005.
- Overview and Scrutiny Committee: The prime purpose of the Committee is to hold the Executive to account and review specific issues within service areas. The Council operates a single Scrutiny Committee which also acts as the Council’s Audit Committee and considers both internal and external audit reports.You can visit this section to find out how you can get involved in the Scrutiny Committee.
- Planning Committee A and B: The Planning Committees are responsible for the determination of planning applications.
- Standards Committee: The Standards Committee main purpose is to promote and maintain high standards of conduct and governance within the Council and within the Parish and Town Councils within the District.
- Community Policy Panel and Environment Policy Panel
Click the green heading (above) to view all council meeting agendas, reports and minutes (opens new window). Then click on Committees, select the appropriate year, and select the meeting you wish to view.
Members of the public are allowed to address some meetings of the Council and the Planning Committee. Guidance on this can be found in the 'Public Speaking at Council meetings' sections of the Council's Constitution (opens new window).
Members of the public are also allowed to address the Council, the Executive or Scrutiny Committees if they have submitted a petition to the meeting in question. Guidance on how to submit a petition can be found on our petitions page (opens new window).
Also in this Service...
Democratic and Legal Services
Mid Suffolk District Council
131 High Street
Telephone: 01449 724673