Stowmarket Area Action Plan
The Stowmarket Area Action Plan (SAAP) is a formal planning policy document and sets out relevant planning policies to guide future development in Stowmarket and its immediate surrounding villages. It includes policies for retail in the town centre, requirements for design, and policies for the town’s river valleys and the historic environment. It also allocates specific sites to ensure that there is sufficient land for future growth in employment, housing, retail, and recreation. These allocations are for employment and residential uses which could accommodate approximately 1,925 new dwellings.
The Stowmarket area Action Plan Local Plan was adopted by Mid Suffolk District Council on 21st February 2013. To find out more please follow the links below:
Adopted Stowmarket Area Action Plan (February 2013) (PDF, 8.4Mb)
Stowmarket AAP Adoption Statement (PDF, 39Kb)
Stowmarket AAP Environmental Statement (PDF, 418Kb)
See also links under the 'Also in this Service...' section to relevant adopted Development Briefs etc.
Also in this Service...
- Stowmarket Area Action Plan – Inspector's Report and Main Modifications
- Stowmarket Area Action Plan - Examination Hearings
- Stowmarket Area Action Plan Previous Consultations
- Stowmarket Area Action Plan – Concept Statements and Masterplan
- Chilton Leys Development Brief - SPD
- Mill Lane Development Brief
- Edgecomb Park, Stowmarket Development Brief
Planning Policy Team
Mid Suffolk District Council
131 High Street