click for the homepage
mobile menu button

Contact Us

apply hd


report hd


pay hd


Making a Prior Notification Application

In order to apply for permission or consent you will need to supply an application form and supporting information to the Planning Department. The level of information required will vary in relation to what is being applied for.

The Planning Portal Mandatory documents page gives more information on the National requirements for submissions.

Please see our Local Validation requirements page.

You can opt to hire a planning agent to work on your behalf or you can do this for yourself. We always recommend asking for some pre-application advice before incurring any costs to yourself. We can advise if your project needs permission/consent or not, if it is likely to be supported in principle or not and what type of information you are likely to be asked for. You can then make an informed and balanced decision on whether/how to proceed.

How to apply

These applications cannot be submitted via the Planning Portal e.g. a larger home extension or a prior approval. These can be accessed through the  Planning Portal

 (Fees also indicated on this page)