Collection Days and Calendar
We operate an alternate week collection scheme, this means that one week we will collect your refuse bin and the following week the recycling bin will be collected. The service is operated by our contractor Serco.
What day is my bin collected?
To find out when your collection will takes place please call our helpline on 0845 606 6045 for further assistance.
Please use the following collection calendars to find out what wheelie bin will need to be placed out:
- Mid Suffolk collection calendar (PDF, 855 KB)
To ensure that your wheelie bin is collected please make sure that:
- The correct bin(s) is presented by 6.30am on the day of collection.
- The bin lids are firmly closed.
- The bins are placed at the nearest point to the public highway.
- Any additional waste is placed in authorised sacks, no waste in black sacks beside the bin will be taken.
- If the recycling bin is contaminated it will not be emptied.
- Make sure you know what goes in your bin by checking the Getting it right leaflet (PDF, 468KB) (opens new window).
Bank Holiday and Public Holidays
There will be changes to your collections on bank holidays and public holidays. Please see the collection calendar above for further details.
During adverse weather conditions such as ice and snow the collections may be disrupted. We will always notify residents on the front page of the website if this is the case.
Telephone: 0845 606 6045
Fax: 01449 614606