Skip to main content
click for the homepage
mobile menu button

Contact Us

apply 2


report 2


pay 2


Childcare costs

If you have to pay for childcare costs, some of your earnings can be disregarded. This can be up to £175 for 1 child and £300 for 2 or more children each week.

To qualify, your childcare provider must be registered with a local authority or Ofsted. You must also fall into one of the following groups:

  • lone parent in paid employment of at least 16 hours a week
  • couples where both partners work at least 16 hours each week
  • couples, where 1 partner works and the other partner is in hospital, prison, or treated as incapacitated

We will need proof of the childcare payments you make, and if the care is provided by a Childminder, a copy of their Registration Certificate.

You can download a Childcare Costs form for completion by the Childcare Provider:

 Childcare Costs form