The Council's aim is to support business and commerce to be the best they can be.
Their impact and success should be positively felt within our districts in terms of jobs, homes, prosperity and well-being.
In 2018, District Councillors endorsed a joint Open for Business Strategy to help support business and commerce.
In putting together the strategy, businesses, communities and a network of partners were consulted.
The strategy sets out key economic growth and productivity challenges, priorities and actions in the short term and longer term.
The Council realises that difficult decisions and fine balances are necessary and risks must be taken to secure future economic success.
We are committed to:
- Promoting our ‘Open for Business’ ethos at every opportunity to deliver our Joint Strategic Plan
- Supporting, with our partners, businesses of all sizes and across all sectors
- Encouraging a culture of entrepreneurism and supporting new start-up businesses
- Supporting, with our partners, our existing businesses to establish, survive, grow and improve their productivity and competitiveness
- Welcoming and supporting larger businesses looking to relocate or expand in our areas, ensuring we have sufficient employment site allocations to enable this
- Developing our investment strategy to join-up investment in land and property, development and regeneration projects to provide sustainable business growth options
- Championing the business community on the regional, national and international stage to promote growth and trade locally and boost inward-investment
- Obtaining and maintaining intelligence and baselines of evidence. Working with our partners on effective use, collation and analyses of data to inform strategies and actions which deliver growth
- Developing our digital functionality and content to enable easier access to relevant and targeted information (including sectoral and transactional)
- Publishing information and intelligence that businesses can use to inform growth and investment decisions
- Ensuring there is continuing councillor and officer development and closer working to best serve our businesses - developing training, expertise and locality knowledge