click for the homepage
mobile menu button

Contact Us

apply 2


report 2


pay 2


Home > Business > Food Safety > Food business registration

Food business registration

There are many types of food businesses in the Babergh and Mid Suffolk Districts, ranging from small retailers to large food manufacturers. All food businesses are now required to register with their local authority. Mobile premises must be registered with the local authority where the mobile is normally kept overnight.

If you are starting a new food business, or have taken over the running of an existing food business, you need to complete a Food Premises Registration Form.

Registration of a food business establishment


Register of Food Premises

Food premises register for Babergh District Council is available to view by appointment at the Babergh council offices. 

Food Standards Agency Starting a food business

The Food Standards Agency is an independent Government department set up by an Act of Parliament in 2000 to protect the public's health and consumer interests in relation to food.

Page Business Link Food hygiene and the law 

Business Link is government's online resource for businesses. It contains essential information, support and services for you and your business – whether you work for a large organisation or are on your way to starting up. 

For more information on approved food premises and to apply online