Home > Business > Licensing > Changes to Licensing during Covid-19 > Alcohol and Entertainment

Alcohol and Entertainment

Temporary Event Notices

Where you are planning to cancel your temporary event notice please contact the Licensing Team and we will endeavour to assist you.

Premises Licences

As you will be aware from announcements by Central Government licensed premises should now be closed, Government have also announced a relaxation of planning rules, whereby if you wish to provide a food take away and food delivery service you may do so.  Please make sure you have the required food registration in place to do so.

Where the premises intend to sell food as above and are licensed for both on and off-sales of alcohol, the delivery of alcohol with food will also be permitted, subject to the mandatory conditions of the Licensing Act 2003 and the following (a) The premises licence holder shall ensure that an age verification policy applies to the premises in relation to the sale or supply of alcohol; (b) The policy must require individuals who appear to the responsible person to be under 18 years of age (or such older age as may be specified in the policy) to produce on request, before being served alcohol, identification bearing their photograph, date of birth and a holographic mark.  

If your premises licence only permits the sale of alcohol on the premises you will not be permitted to deliver alcohol as part of a food delivery or supply alcohol with a takeaway order.  Should you wish to supply alcohol with a food takeaway or food delivery please apply for a Temporary Event Notice.

Customers attending the premises for a takeaway order will not be permitted to consume alcohol on the premises during this period.

For further details on the above, Government support and announcements, please see links on our guidance and support for business pages

Annual Fees

Your annual fee will be due on the anniversary of the grant of your premises licence during this period as this is a legal requirement.  Please contact the Licensing Team for advice and support during this period.