Prevent is one of the four elements of CONTEST which is part of the UK’s counter terrorism strategy, preventing people from becoming involved in terrorism or supporting terrorism.
As a local authority, we have a duty to have due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism.
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils are working closely with Suffolk County Council to deliver the Prevent strategy.
Further information can be found at:
- Suffolk County Council – Supporting people at risk of radicalisation
- Suffolk Police – What is Prevent?
- GOV.UK - CONTEST, Counter-terrorism strategy
- GOV.UK - Protecting the UK against terrorism
- ACT - Action Counters Terrorism
If you have concerns about anyone, please call Customer First on 0808 800 4005.