We urgently request people to observe Government advice and social distancing practices.
We have put in place a number of measures to protect the public and our staff and restrict the spread of Covid-19. We are doing everything possible to keep essential services running.
This includes several closures until further notice:
- Customer Access Points in Ipswich Street, Stowmarket and Sudbury Town Hall have closed for ‘face to face’ enquiries and visits. Residents with council enquiries are now asked to go online wherever possible. If customers can’t resolve their query online, they should email us.
- Pop-up customer access points in Hadleigh and Shotley.
Support for customers facing financial hardship:
- Find our support for struggling households to pay their council tax bills during COVID 19
- Find out how to claim a £500 support payment if you are a low-income earner told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
- Further help is available from the Suffolk Support and Advice Service – helping people across the county access information and support relating to debt, benefits, housing or employment. You can contact service on 0800 068 3131 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday or visit Suffolk Support and Advice Service
Further changes to our services are as follows:
- All our car parks now have MiPermit to allow for cashless payments.
- Non-essential street cleansing and ground maintenance have been paused to help prioritise critical services.
- Customers are encouraged to make payments online only, as we are currently unable to process post/scanning. Find further information for making payments.
- Repairs to our council houses are now absolutely essential items only until further notice.
- We are holding virtual council meetings.