COVID-19 case numbers are rising rapidly across the whole of the UK and to help control the spread of the virus, the Government has announced a national lockdown from Thursday 5 November until Wednesday 2 December.
During this time, people are being asked to:
- Stay at home, except for specific purposes.
- Avoid meeting people you do not live with, except for specific purposes.
- Close certain businesses and venues.
The Government has produced guidance on the new national restrictions
These guidelines outline what it means for working from home and business closures, why the restrictions are being introduced and the financial support available.
Help stop the spread of COVID-19
It is crucial, that people people leave home, they stick to the following guidelines:
- HANDS - Wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds.
- FACE - Wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet. It is now mandatory to wear a face covering inside shops, supermarkets, banks and takeaways as well as on public transport.
- SPACE - Stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings or increasing ventilation indoors).
NHS Track and Trace QR Code
Businesses, place of worship or community organisations with a physical location that is open to the public must now support the NHS Track and Trace app by displaying a unique QR code. It is easy to create a coronavirus QR code poster by submitting your details and location online.
We have created a series of downloadable posters with guidance and reminders to help maintain social distancing:
Babergh District posters
Mid Suffolk District posters
- Visitors: social distancing reminder
- Face covering: social distancing reminder
- Working safely to welcome customers