Emergency or urgent repairs must be reported to us immediately by calling 0300 123 4000.
If you have an emergency repair outside our office hours (which are Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 5.00pm), then please call 0808 168 7794.
You can find a list of emergency repairs at the bottom of this page.
Find out more on repair responsibilities following the link: Repair responsibilities
Urgent advice for gas leaks
For gas leaks, immediately call the National Grid's free Gas Emergency Services on 0800 111 999.
Then, take the following actions:
- Open all your doors and windows
- Do not turn on or off any electrical switches
- Put out all flames, do not smoke, strike matches or do anything which could cause ignition
- If there are any electrical security entry phones or locks to your home, open them manually
What is an emergency repair?
- Blocked or leaking foul drain or soil stack
- Blocked toilet (where there is only one in your home)
- Missing or dangerous manhole covers
- Total loss of heating or hot water (between 1 November and 30 April)
- Total loss of water
- Leaking water or heating pipes, tank or cistern that cannot be controlled
- Toilet not flushing (where there is only one in your home)
- Roof leak whether temporary or permanent (work can only be completed if weather permits)
- Make safe dangerous structures (e.g. leaning walls, hanging guttering)
- Total loss of power
- Unsafe or overheating electrical fittings
- In flats, complete failure of communal lighting to entrance halls, landing and staircase (not if the repair is a replacement of single light bulb or tube).
- External windows, doors or locks that cannot be secured
- Boarding up or re-glazing to prevent unauthorised access
- Gaining access due to loss of keys (this may be rechargeable to you)