Registering for Gateway to Homechoice
What you need to know before you apply
The Gateway to Homechoice online application form takes around 30 minutes to complete.
Apply for Housing on Gateway to Homechoice
You can save the application at any point and complete it later, even if you are not on your own computer. You will need to complete the form within two weeks; otherwise you will have to start again.
You will need the following information to hand:-
- The names, dates of birth and current addresses of all people you wish to be housed with
- Your telephone number and an email address (if you have one)
- The national insurance numbers for yourself and your partner
- A full address history for the last six years of all household members
- We will also ask for your employment and income details
All applicants who have started the registration process will be given a unique login reference number.
Register for Gateway to Homechoice
- Click on Register which can be found at the top of the webpage
- You will be asked to insert your national insurance number followed by information about yourself, your household and your housing circumstances.
- Remember to include all the people you wish to be housed with, including your children.
- You will be asked for addresses over the last 6 years. There must not be any gaps and dates must not overlap.
After you have registered, we aim to write to you within 28 days requesting verification documents which are needed to assess your application. Once these have been received and your application activated we will inform you of your banding, your login number (PIN) and information about how to bid.