Home > Planning > Planning Applications > Apply for planning permission

Apply for planning permission


Apply for Householder Developments and Discharge of Conditions via our online forms

We welcome you to use the following application forms. Please be aware that for householder and discharge of condition applications, the payment method is debit/credit card.

You can either make your own planning application or hire a planning agent to work on your behalf.

Householder Application Form (includes payment function)
Discharge of Conditions Application Form (includes payment function)

These forms may take a moment to load. Please contact the Planning team if you have any problems.

Once your form has been submitted you will receive an email receipt. Our Validation team will check over the completed form and payment details.

We are looking to develop forms for other works in the future. For the time being, please apply for all other types of developments via Planning Portal.

We've created a new FAQs document for questions around conditions.

Apply for Modification or Discharge of a Section 106 Planning Obligation via email

Please download an application form for modification or discharge of a Section 106 (S106) planning obligation using the links below:

Babergh: modification or discharge of a S106 planning obligation

Mid Suffolk: modification or discharge of a S106 planning obligation

This can be submitted via email to the planning validation team. If you need this application form in a different format please contact us.

Apply for all other planning permissions online

You can either make your own planning application or hire a planning agent to work on your behalf.

The easiest way to apply for other types of planning permission and/or listed building consent is to do it online via Planning Portal. This is a website used by district councils all over the country.

You will be able to attach electronic versions of plans and drawings.

Apply for planning permission using Planning Portal

We do not run or edit the Planning Portal website.

If you encounter an issue submitting an application, please phone Planning Portal on 0333 3234589 or email the Planning Portal Helpdesk.

Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils are not responsible for any additional charges you may have to pay whilst using this website.

 Apply for planning permission via post

Use the Planning Portal's paper forms generator to download and print an application form. You may post the application form, supporting documents and cheque (if applicable) to:

Endeavour House

8 Russell Road



Background material

We always recommend seeking pre-application advice as it will cost you to hire an agent and submit a planning application. We can advise on the following:

  • Whether your project needs permission/consent
  • Whether it is likely to be supported in principle
  • The information you are likely to be asked for