Diss & District Neighbourhood Plan
Diss Town Council and the surrounding parishes of Burston & Shimpling, Roydon and Scole (in South Norfolk), and Brome & Oakley, Palgrave and Stuston (in Mid Suffolk) are working together to produce the Diss & District Neighbourhood Plan (the DDNP). When complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development across the designated plan area.
Officers at South Norfolk Council and Mid Suffolk District Council are also working collaboratively to support and advise the DDNP Working Group. South Norfolk act as the lead local authority.
Please also see South Norfolk Council's DDNP webpage
Reg 17 Independent Examination (commenced Jan 2023)
Mr Andrew Ashcroft (Andrew Ashcroft Planning Ltd) has been appointed to carry out an independent examination of the DDNP.
The examination has now started and further updates will be published below as and when appropriate.
- Read the Examination Correspondence document - last updated on 6 March 2023 to include both the DDNP Group and Local Planning Authority responses to various questions.
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (2 Nov to 16 Dec 2022)
In accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (as amended), the submission draft DDNP was made available for consultation between 2 November and 16 December 2022.
Diss Town Council (as the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents to South Norfolk Council and Mid Suffolk District Council:
- A map of the designated DDNP Area
- the submission draft DDNP 2021 - 2038
- separate policy maps for Diss, Burston & Shimpling, Roydon, Scole, Brome & Oakley, Palgrave and Stuston
- a Basic Conditions statement
- a Consultation Statement
- a Habitat Regulations Assessment Report (AECOM, June 2022)
- a Strategic Environmental Assessment Report (AECOM, July 2022)
- an Evidence Base document
- a Site Options & Assessment Report (AECOM, July 2022)
- the Diss & District Design Code (AECOM, Feb 2022)
- a Housing Needs Assessment (AECOM, July 2019)
- a Local Green Space Assessment Report
- a Non-designated Heritage Assets Assessment Report
- the Non-designated Heritage Assets Photo Gallery
- a Key Views Assessment Document
- the Area Application & Designation Notice documents
Printed copies of the DDNP were also been made available at a number of locations throughout the designated area.
Respondents were instructed to send their comments directly to South Norfolk Council. Those comments have now been collated and are published below.
- Read the Reg 16 consultation responses (Note: This is a large file with some odd pages sizes)
Reg 15 Submission (July 2022)
The DDNP was submitted to South Norfolk Council and Mid Suffolk District Council on 15 July 2022. The two Councils worked together to ensure that the relevant requirements had been met at this stage.
Reg 14 Major Modifications Consultation (24 March to 5 May 2022)
The DDNP Working Group carried out a focused six-week consultation on modifications to their pre-submission draft plan. The consultation ended on Thursday 5 May.
Visit the DDNP's website for more information.
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (23 June to 18 August 2021)
Pre-submission consultation on the DDNP ended on 18 August 2021.
Reg 05 Area Designation (23 August 2017)
The DDNP Area was formally designated by South Norfolk Council and Mid Suffolk District Council on 23 August 2017.