Drinkstone Neighbourhood Plan
The Drinkstone Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is being prepared by Drinkstone parish council and the local community. When complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Local Referendum (Thurs 6 May 2021)
A local referendum will be held on Thursday 6 May 2021, to decide whether the Drinkstone NDP should become part of the development plan.
The question that will be asked of those entitled to vote is:
"Do you want Mid Suffolk District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Drinkstone to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Plan Area?"
- Read the Drinkstone NDP Information Statement (22 March 2020)
- Read the Drinkstone Neighbourhood Plan (2018 - 2036), referenced to in the referendum version (published June 2020)
Please note: Due to other local elections taking place on the same day, there will be a delay before the NDP referendum result can be counted and declared.
Reg 18 Decision Statement (June 2020)
The decision that this plan should proceed to referendum was made by Mid Suffolk Cabinet on 9 June 2020. A decision statement was published soon after. At that time, regulations linked to the Coronavirus Act 2020 meant that no NDP referendum could take place until May 2021 at the earliest.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Final Report dated 24 Apr 2020)
Mid Suffolk District Council appointed Ann Skippers BSc (Hons) MRTPI FHEA FRSA AoU to carry out an independent examination of the Drinkstone NDP. The examination was conducted through written correspondence.
On 24 April, the examiner issued her final report. It recommended that, subject to modification, the Drinkstone NDP meets the basic conditions and should proceed to a local referendum.
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (16 Dec 2019 – 7 Feb 2020)
The district council undertook formal consultation on the submitted Drinkstone NDP, to see if it fulfils the basic conditions as required by:
- Paragraph 8(1)(a)(2) of Schedule 4B of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (inserted by the Localism Act 2011).
The consultation was run in accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended). The consultation period ran from 16 December 2019 to 7 February 2020.
Drinkstone Parish Council (the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A map identifying the area to which the proposed NDP relates
- The submission draft Drinkstone NDP (Nov 2019) and
- a number of supporting documents
- A consultation statement
- A basic conditions statement
- a statement that confirms the plan is unlikely to have significant environmental effects
An assessment as to whether this NDP fulfils the basic conditions will be undertaken by an independent examiner. An initial check was carried out to confirm that the relevant requirements had been met at this stage. View the Reg 15 Checklist
Respondents were also reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the independent examiner and published on this website. The exception to this is personal contact details.
Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)/Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) Screening & Determination (Oct 2019)
The pre-submission draft version of the NDP was assessed to decide whether an SEA and/or an HRA were needed. The outcome of this exercise was that the need for an SEA and HRA Scoping Report were screened-out. A copy of the relevant report and notices of determination are published below:
- View the Drinkstone NP SEA/HRA screening report (Place Services, Sept 2019)
- View the Drinkstone NP SEA determination notice (Oct 2019)
- View the Drinkstone NP HRA determination notice (Oct 2019)