Elmswell Neighbourhood Plan
The Elmswell Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is being prepared by their parish council and local community. When complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the plan's area.
Reg 18 Exam Report Decision Statement (14 Sept 2023)
New procedures, agreed in September 2021, mean that a NDP can now be advance to a referendum without Cabinet approval where there is no objection to implementing the Examiner's recommendations. That applies in this case, and the decision is confirmed through publication of the following statement:
As soon as we can, we will publish the referendum version of this NDP, and confirm the date of the referendum.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Final Report - 31 Aug 2023)
Mid Suffolk District Council appointed Ann Skippers BSc (Hons) MRTPI FHEA FRSA AoU to carry out an independent examination of the Elmswell NDP. The examination included a two-week consultation on a proposed amendment to the settlement boundary.
On Thursday 31 August 2023 the Examiner issued her final report. It recommends that subject to certain modifications, including the settlement boundary change, this NDP meets the basic conditions and that it should proceed to a local referendum.
Planning Practice Guidance also provides advice on the weight to be attached to a post-examination plan.
- the examination correspondence document
- the Settlement Boundary consultation letter (Aug 2023)
- the Settlement Boundary consultation responses (Aug 2023)
Reg 16 Submission consultation (6 Mar to 26 Apr 2023)
In accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations, 2012 (as amended), the submission draft Elmswell NDP was made available for public consultation between 6 March and 26 April 2023.
The Parish Council (as the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A Map identifying the NDP Area
- The submission draft Elmswell NDP 2022 – 2037
- A Consultation Statement
- A Basic Conditions Statement
- Copies of the SEA and HRA Screening Reports and Determination Notices (see under Previous Stages section below)
- A Local Green Space Assessment
- An Appraisal of Important Views report
An assessment on how this NDP meets the basic conditions will be undertaken by an Independent Examiner. Our initial check suggests that the relevant requirements had been met at this stage. View the Regulation 15 Checklist.
Respondents were also reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the examiner and, with the exception of personal details, be published on this website.
SEA and HRA screening and determination (Oct 2022)
The pre-submission draft NDP was screened was screened to decide whether a strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and or a habitats regulations assessment (HRA) were needed. Both were 'screened-out'. The relevant reports and determination notices are published below:
- Read the Elmswell NDP SEA screening report (LUC, Aug 2022)
- Read the Elmswell NDP SEA determination notice (Oct 2022)
- Read the Elmswell NDP HRA screening report (LUC, Aug 2022)
- Read the Elmswell NDP HRA determination notice (Oct 2022)
Reg 14 Pre-submission consultation (11 May to 1 July 2022)
Pre-submission consultation on the draft Elmswell NDP ended on 1 July 2022
Please visit the parish council's website for more information