Laxfield Neighbourhood Plan
The Laxfield Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) has been prepared by Laxfield Parish Council and the local community and will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Reg 20 Formal Adoption (14 April 2022)
In an ‘out of meeting’ decision taken on Thursday 14 April 2022, Mid Suffolk District Council have agreed to 'make' (adopt) the Laxfield NDP.
This NDP now forms part of the development plan and will be used to help decide planning applications in the parish unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
- Read the adopted version of the Laxfield NDP
- Read the adoption Decision Statement
- See the Action out of Meeting request
Local Referendum (24 March 2022) - a majority 'yes' vote
A local referendum was held on 24 March 2022 to decide if the Laxfield NDP should become part of the Council's development plan. The count took place the following day.
The question asked was: 'Do you want Mid Suffolk District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Laxfield to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Plan Area?'
Reg 18 Decision Statement (18 February 2021)
On 8 February 2021, Mid Suffolk's Cabinet committee agreed that, subject to modification, the Laxfield NDP should proceed to a local referendum.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (December 2020)
The district council appointed Janet Cheesley BA (Hons) DipTP MRTPI to carry out an independent examination of the Laxfield NDP. The examination was conducted through written correspondence.
On 4 December 2020, the examiner issued her final report. It recommended that, subject to modification, the Laxfield NDP meets the Basic Conditions (as set out in the Town and Country Planning Act 1990) and should proceed to a local referendum.
- Read the examiner's final report on the Laxfield NDP (4 Dec 2020)
- Read the examination correspondence document
Planning Practice Guidance also provided advice on the weight to be attached to a post-examination plan.
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (17 August 2020 - 12 October 2020)
The district council carried out formal consultation of the submitted Laxfield NDP to see fulfils the Basic Conditions set out in the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The consultation was carried out in accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (as amended). The consultation period ran from 17 August to 12 October 2020.
The parish council (as the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A map identifying the area to which the proposed NDP relates
- The submission draft Laxfield NDP
- A Consultation statement
- A Basic Conditions statement
- Copies of the strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and
- habitats regulations assessment (HRA) determination notices. These confirm that this NDP is unlikely to have significant environmental effects
- A number of supporting documents
An assessment as to whether this NDP fulfils the Basic Conditions will be carried out by an independent examiner. An initial check was carried out to confirm that the relevant requirements had been met at this stage. View the Reg 15 Checklist
Respondents were reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the examiner and, with the exception of personal details, would be published on this website.
SEA/HRA Screening and Determination (May 2020)
The pre-submission draft NDP was screened to determine whether a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and/or Habitats Assessment (HRA) were needed. Both were 'screened-out'. Copies of the relevant reports and Notices of Determination are published below:
- Laxfield NDP SEA screening report (Land Use Consultants, Mar 2020)
- Laxfield NDP SEA determination notice (May 2020)
- Laxfield NDP HRA screening report (Place Services, Apr 2020)
- Laxfield NDP HRA determination notice (May 2020)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (22 February - 6 April 2020)
- Visit the parish council's website for more details