Mendlesham Neighbourhood Plan
The Mendlesham Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) has been prepared by Mendlesham Parish Council and will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Modification of adopted Mendlesham NDP
Following adoption of the Mendlesham NDP in March 2017, the Parish Council have decided to modify their Plan to now include site allocations. The process for doing this is set out in the relevant regulations and requires a repeat of the preparation process, starting with Pre-submission consultation.
Visit the Parish Council's website to find out more about their reasons for undertaking this review.
HRA Screening & Determination (Sept 2020)
A working draft version of the modified Mendlesham NDP was assessed to determine whether a Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) was required. The outcome of the exercise was that the need for a HRA Scoping Report was 'screened-out'. A copy of the relevant report and Notice of Determination are published below:
- Mendlesham NDP Mod. Draft Screening Report (Place Services, July 2020)
- Mendlesham NDP Mod. Draft HRA Determination Notice (Sept 2020)
Formal Adoption (Mar 2017)
At its Full Council meeting on 23 March 2017, Mid Suffolk District Council resolved to adopt the Mendlesham NDP following a majority 'Yes' vote by local residents.
The Plan, which covers the period to 2031, now forms part of the development plan framework for the District. It will be used when determining planning applications submitted in Mendlesham, unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
- View the adopted Mendlesham NDP and Supporting Docs (Note: Large file)
- View the adoption Decision Statement
- Mendlesham NDP Area Map
Reg 18 Local Referendum (2 Mar 2017)
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Nov 2016)
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (July - Sept 2016)
- View the Submission draft Version of the Plan
- View the Consultation Statement and Basic Conditions Statement
- View the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Report
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (Oct - Dec 2015)
- Details of this stage may still be available on the Mendlesham Parish Council's website