Mendlesham Neighbourhood Plan
The Mendlesham Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) was adopted ('made') in March 2017. It is now being modified and updated by Mendlesham Parish Council, so that it can continue to be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
The process for modifying an adopted NDP is set out in the relevant regulations. The nature of the modification will be the deciding factor on how much of the NDP process needs to be repeated.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Autumn 2021)
Mid Suffolk District Council have appointed Janet Cheesley BA (Hons) DipTP MRTPI to carry out an independent examination of this modification draft NDP. Further details will be published here in due course.
Respondents were reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the independent examiner and, with the exception of personal details, published on this website. Guidance published by NPIERS in 2018 also introduced the opportunity for NDP groups to view and comment on representations made at the Reg 16 stage.
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (12 July to 17 September 2021)
Mid Suffolk District Council carried out a formal consultation on the submitted Modification Draft Mendlesham NDP to see if it fulfils the basic conditions set out in the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The consultation was carried out in accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (as amended). The consultation period ran from 12 July 2021 until 17 September 2021. It included a two week extension, following publication of the revised National Planning Policy Framework on 20 July 2021.
The parish council (the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A map identifying the area to which this NDP relates
- The submission modification draft Mendlesham NDP (May 2021)
- An updated Consultation Statement (May 2021)
- An updated Basic Conditions Statement
- An strategic environmental assessment (SEA) report
- The habitats regulations assessment (HRA) determination notice
- A Modification Proposal Statement (Reg 14 statement)
- An extensive list of supporting documents
An assessment as to whether this NDP meets the basic conditions will be undertaken by the independent examiner. An initial check was undertaken to confirm that the relevant requirements had been met at this stage. View the updated Regulation 15 Checklist
Respondents were reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the independent examiner and, with the exception of personal details, published on this website.
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (February - April 2021)
Pre-submission consultation on the modification draft NDP was carried out between 15 February and 12 April 2021. Visit Mendlesham Parish Council's website for more information
HRA screening and determination (September 2020)
A working draft of the modified NDP was screened, to decide whether an HRA was needed. The need for this was 'screened-out'.
The relevant report and determination notice are published below:
- Mendlesham NDP mod. draft screening report (Place Services, July 2020)
- Mendlesham NDP mod. draft HRA determination notice (Sept 2020)
The adopted Mendlesham NDP (March 2017)
Formal Adoption (March 2017)
At its Full Council meeting on 23 March 2017, Mid Suffolk District Council resolved to adopt the Mendlesham NDP following a majority 'Yes' vote by local residents.
The Plan, which covers the period to 2031, now forms part of the development plan framework for the district. It will be used when reviewing planning applications submitted in Mendlesham unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
- Read the adopted Mendlesham NDP 2016 - 2031
- Read the supporting documents
- Read the adoption Decision Statement (March 2017)
- View the Mendlesham NDP Area Map
Reg 18 Local Referendum (2 March 2017)
Reg 17 Independent Examination (November 2016)
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (July - September 2016)
- Read the submission draft Mendlesham NDP (2016)
- Read the Consultation Statement (2016)
- Read the Basic Conditions statement (2016)
- Read the SEA Report (2016)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (October - December 2015)
- Carried out by the parish council between October and December 2015.