Redgrave Neighbourhood Plan
The Redgrave Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is being prepared by Redgrave Parish Council and the local community. When complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Final report dated 2 Sept 2021)
Mid Suffolk District Council appointed Janet Cheesley BA (Hons) DipTP MRTPI to carry out an independent examination of the Redgrave NDP. The examination was conducted through written correspondence.
On Thursday 2 September 2021, the examiner issued her final report. It recommends that, subject to modification, the NDP meets the basic conditions and should proceed to a local referendum. Planning practice guidance also provides advice on the weight to be attached to this post-examination Plan.
The NDP Regulations (Regulation 18) now require the district council to decide what action to take in response to each of the recommendations made. We will publish our decision(s) on this webpage as soon as possible.
Reg 17 Independent Examination and the revised NPPF (27 July - 11 Aug 2021)
On 20 July 2021, the government published a revised National Planning Policy Framework (the NPPF). At the examiner's request, comments were invited from interested parties on how the revised NPPF affects this NDP meeting the Basic Conditions. The consultation period ran from 27 July to 11 August 2021.
- Read the Basic Conditions consultation letter (27 July 2021)
- Read the NP-NPPF consultation responses
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (26 May - 16 July 2021)
The district council carried out formal consultation on the submission draft NDP to see if it fulfils the Basic Conditions required by the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The consultation was carried out in accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (as amended). The consultation period ran from 26 May to 16 July 2021.
The parish council (the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A map identifying the area to which this NDP relates
- The submission draft Redgrave NDP
- A consultation statement
- A Basic Conditions statement
- A Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) report
- A copy of the SEA determination notice
- A copy of the Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) determination notice
- You can also read the site options and assessment report (AECOM, Mar 2020)
An assessment as to whether this NDP fulfils the Basic Conditions will be undertaken by an independent examiner. An initial check was undertaken to confirm that the relevant requirements have been met at this stage. View the Regulation 15 Checklist.
Respondents were also reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the examiner and, with the exception of personal details, published on this website.
SEA/HRA Screening & Determination (Nov 2020)
The pre-submission draft NDP was screened to decide whether an SEA and/or an HRA were needed. The need for an SEA Scoping Report was 'screened-in'. The need for an HRA was 'screened-out'. Copies of the relevant reports and determination notices are published below:
- Redgrave NDP SEA screening report (Land Use Consultants, Sept 2020)
- Redgrave NDP SEA determination notice (Nov 2020)
- Redgrave NDP HRA screening report (Place Services, Oct 2020)
- Redgrave NDP HRA determination notice (Nov 2020)
Reg 14 Pre-submission consultation (14 Sept to 8 Nov 2020)
- Visit the parish council's website for more information.