Walsham le Willows Neighbourhood Plan
The Walsham le Willows Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is being prepared by their parish council and local community. When complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the plan's area.
Reg 18 Exam Report Decision Statement (22 August 2023)
New procedures, agreed in September 2021, mean that a NDP can now be advance to a referendum without Cabinet approval where there is no objection to implementing the Examiner's recommendations. That applies in this case, and the decision is confirmed through publication of the following statement:
As soon as we can, we will publish the referendum version of this NDP, and confirm the date of the referendum.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Final Report dated 18 Aug 2023)
Mid Suffolk District Council appointed Janet Cheesley BA (Hons) DipTP MRTPI to carry out an independent examination of the Walsham le Willows NDP.
On Friday 18 August 2023 the Examiner issued her final report. It recommends that, subject to modification, this NDP meets the basic conditions and that it should proceed to a local referendum.
- Read the Walsham le Willows NDP Exam Report (18 Aug 2023)
- Read the Examination Correspondence document
Planning Practice Guidance also provides advice on the weight to be attached to a post-examination plan.
Reg 16 Submission consultation (5 June to 21 July 2023)
The submission draft Walsham le Willows NDP was made available for public consultation between 5 June and 21 July 2023. The Parish Council (as the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A Map identifying the NDP Area
- The submission draft Walsham le Willows NDP 2023 – 2037 (Note: This is a large, 20Mb file)
- A Consultation Statement
- A Basic Conditions Statement
- A Housing Needs Assessment Report (AECOM, March 22)
- A Design Guidance & Codes document (AECOM, March 22)
- A Non-designated Heritage Assessment (Apr 23)
- A Walsham le Willows Data Profile (Jan 22)
- Copies of the SEA and HRA Screening Reports and Determination Notices (see under Previous Stages section below)
An assessment on how this NDP meets the basic conditions will be undertaken by an Independent Examiner. Our initial check suggests that the relevant requirements have been met at this stage. View the Regulation 15 Checklist.
Respondents were also reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the independent examiner and, with the exception of personal contact details, be published on this website.
SEA and HRA Screening and Determination (Jan 2023)
The pre-submission draft NDP was screened to determine whether a strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and or a habitats regulations assessment (HRA) were needed. Both were 'screened-out'. The relevant reports and determination notices are published below:
- Read the Walsham le Willows NDP SEA Screening Opinion (LUC, Nov 2022)
- Read the Walsham le Willows NDP SEA Determination Notice (Jan 2023)
- Read the Walsham le Willows NDP HRA Screening Report (LUC, Nov 2022)
- Read the Walsham le Willows NDP HRA Determination Notice (Jan 2023)
Reg 14 Pre-Submission Consultation (17 Oct to 2 Dec 2022)
Pre-submission consultation on this draft NDP ended on 2 December 2022.
Please visit the parish council's website for more information.