Wetheringsett cum Brockford Neighbourhood Plan
The Wetheringsett cum Brockford Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is being prepared by their parish council and local community. When complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the plan's area.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Suspended - 12 May 2023)
Mid Suffolk District Council appointed Janet Cheesley BA (Hons) DipTP MRTPI to carry out an independent examination of the Wetheringsett cum Brockford NDP.
Following a high level review which identified a fatal flaw relating to a housing site identified in policy WCB1, and in response to her ‘open letter’ dated 12 April 2023, the Examiner has accepted a request from Wetheringsett cum Brockford Parish Council that they be allowed to withdraw their submitted NDP and for this examination to be suspended while they undertake further consultation with the local community as appropriate and for other procedural matters to be addressed.
A full explanation can be found within the examination correspondence document published below:
- Read the examination correspondence document (last updated 15 May 2023)
When we have more news to report on the proposed changes being made to this NDP will we update this page accordingly.
Reg 16 Submission consultation (23 Jan to 10 March 2023)
In accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations, 2012 (as amended), the submission draft Wetheringsett cum Brockford NDP was made available for public consultation between 23 January and 10 March 2023.
The Parish Council (as the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A Map identifying the NDP Area
- The submission draft Wetheringsett cum Brockford NDP 2022 – 2037
- A Consultation Statement
- A Basic Conditions Statement
- A Housing Needs Assessment Report (AECOM, Oct 2022)
- A Design Guidelines document (AECOM, Sept 22)
- An Environmental Assets Report
- Copies of the SEA and HRA Screening Reports and Determination Notices (see under Previous Stages section below)
An assessment on how this NDP meets the basic conditions will be undertaken by an Independent Examiner. Our initial check confirmed that the relevant requirements had been met at this stage. View the Regulation 15 Checklist.
Respondents were also reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the independent examiner and, with the exception of personal contact details, be published on this website.
SEA/HRA screening and determination (Sept 2022)
The pre-submission draft NDP was screened to decide whether a strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and or a habitats regulations assessment (HRA) were needed. Both were 'screened-out'. The relevant reports and determination notices are published below:
- Read the Wetheringsett NDP SEA screening report (LUC, Aug 2022)
- Read the Wetheringsett NDP SEA determination notice (Sept 2022)
- Read the Wetheringsett NDP HRA screening report (LUC, Aug 2022)
- Read the Wetheringsett NDP HRA determination notice (Sept 2022)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (20 Jun to 5 Aug 2022)
Pre-submission consultation on the draft Wetheringsett NDP ended on 5 August 2022.
Please visit the parish council's website for more information.