Wilby Neighbourhood Plan
The Wilby Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is being prepared by Wilby Parish Council and local community and, when completed, will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Reg 16 Pre-submission Consultation (12 Aug 2020 to 7 Oct 2020)
In accordance with Regulation 16 of The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), the District Council are now undertaking formal consultation on the content of the submitted Wilby NDP to see if it fulfils the Basic Conditions as required by Paragraph 8(1)(a)(2) of Schedule 4B of the Town & Country Planning Act 1990 (inserted by the Localism Act 2011).
The consultation period will run from Wed 12 August 2020 and closes at 4:00pm on Wed 7 October 2020 - as set out in the Public Notice
The Parish Council (as the qualifying body) have formally submitted the following documents:
- A Map identifying the area to which the proposed NDP relates
- The submission draft Wilby NDP 2018 - 2036 [Note: Large file]
- A Consultation Statement
- A Basic Conditions Statement
- Copies of the SEA and HRA Determination Notices which confirm that this Plan is unlikely to have significant environmental effects. (See Previous stages below)
- A Site Heritage Impact Assessment
An assessment as to whether this NDP fulfils the Basic Conditions will be undertaken by an Independent Examiner. A initial check has, however, been undertaken to confirm that the relevant requirements have been met at this stage. View the Regulation 15 Checklist.
Written comments only (preferably using the Consultation Response Form) should be sent by post or e-mail using the contact details provided. Your representation may also include a request to be notified of the District Council’s decision whether or not to make the Plan.
All representations received will be forwarded to the Independent Examiner. You should note that your comments cannot be treated as confidential and, with the exception of personal contact details, will be published on this website at the end of the consultation period.
- What can I comment on at this stage? - At this stage you can comment on the submitted Plan and supporting documents. It is important to remember that, as the Examiner will only be able to recommend changes to the Plan necessary to ensure that it meets the Basic Conditions, you should consider in particular whether the Plan meets these. The Basic Conditions Statement sets out how the Parish Council considers they have met these tests.
- I commented on the draft plan at an earlier stage. Do I need to repeat those comments? - All of the issues raised at the Pre-submission stage should be referred to in the Consultation Statement. As a result, the Examiner will be aware of those comments so you do not need to repeat them. However, if changes have been made to the Plan since then, and these raise new issues or affect the points you made last time, you might want to send in further comments. All comments made at this stage will be sent on to the Examiner.
- What happens next? - At the end of this consultation period the Parish Council will be given an opportunity to see and respond if they wish to do so to any representations made before the Plan is submitted for Examination. It will be down to the Examiner to decide how they wish to undertake this process. They may choose to rely upon the written representations but could call a public hearing if it is beneficial to do so. The Examiner will consider whether the Plan meets the Basic Conditions and whether further modifications need to be made for it to do so. The Examiner will also decide if the Plan can proceed to the Referendum stage.
SEA / HRA Screening & Determination (June / July 2020)
The Pre-submission draft Wilby NDP was assessed to determine whether a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and/or a Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) were required. The outcome of this exercise was that the need for an SEA Scoping Report and/or HRA Scoping Report were both 'screened-out'. In response to our consultation on these two reports, Historic England advised that further work was needed with regards to SEA matters. That has been resolved through the preparation of a Strategic Heritage Impact Assessment which will be submitted as part of the supporting evidence for this neighbourhood plan.
- View the Wilby NDP SEA Screening Report (Land Use Consultants, Feb 2020)
- View the Wilby NDP SEA Determination Notice (Jul 2020)
With regards to Habitats matters, Natural England agreed with the conclusions reached in the HRA Screening Report. A copy of that report and our Determination Notice are published below:
- View the Wilby NDP HRA Screening Report (Place Services, Feb 2020)
- View the Wilby NDP HRA Determination Notice (Jun 2020)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (22 Jan - 12 Mar 2020)
Consultation on the Reg 14 Pre-submission draft Wilby NDP closed on Thur 12 March. For further may be available on the Parish Council's Neighbourhood Plan web-page.
Reg 05 Area Designation (18 Dec 2017)
- View the Area Designation documents