Wilby Neighbourhood Plan
The Wilby Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is being prepared by Wilby parish council and the local community. When complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Local Referendum (Thurs 6 May 2021)
A local referendum will be held on Thursday 6 May 2021, to decide whether the Wilby NDP should become part of the development plan.
The question that will be asked of those entitled to vote is:
"Do you want Mid Suffolk District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Wilby to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Plan Area?"
- Read the Referendum Information Statement (22 Mar 2021)
- View the referendum version of the Wilby NDP (Feb 2021)
Please note: Due to other local elections taking place on the same day, there will be a delay before the NDP referendum result can be counted and declared.
Reg 18 Decision Statement (Feb 2021)
The decision that this plan should proceed to referendum was made by Mid Suffolk Cabinet on 8 February 2021. A decision statement was published soon after.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Oct 2020)
Mid Suffolk District Council appointed Janet Cheesley BA (Hons) DipTP MRTPI to carry out an independent examination of the Wilby NDP. The examination was conducted through written correspondence.
On 16 November 2020, the examiner issued her final report. It recommends that, subject to modification, the Wilby NDP meets the basic conditions and should proceed to a local referendum.
Reg 16 Pre-submission Consultation (12 Aug 2020 to 7 Oct 2020)
The district council undertook formal consultation of the submitted Wilby NDP, to see whether it fulfils the basic conditions required by:
- Paragraph 8(1)(a)(2) of Schedule 4B of the Town & Country Planning Act 1990
The consultation was run in accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended). The consultation period ran from Wed 12 August until Wed 7 October 2020.
Wilby parish council (the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A map identifying the area to which the proposed NDP relates
- The submission draft Wilby NDP 2018 - 2036 [Note: Large file]
- A consultation statement
- A basic conditions statement
- Copies of the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) determination notice and
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) determination notice. These (SEA & HRA) confirm that this plan is unlikely to have significant environmental effects
- A site heritage impact assessment
An assessment as to whether this NDP fulfils the basic conditions will be undertaken by an independent examiner. An initial check was carried out to confirm that the relevant requirements had been met at this stage. View the Reg 15 Checklist.
Respondents were reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the independent examiner and published on this website. This does not apply to personal contact details.
SEA/HRA Screening & Determination (June/July 2020)
The Pre-submission draft Wilby NDP was assessed to decide whether an SEA and/or an HRA were needed. The outcome of this exercise was that the need for an SEA Report and/or HRA Report were both 'screened-out'.
In response to our consultation on these reports, Historic England advised that further work was needed with regards to SEA matters. This was resolved through preparation of a strategic heritage impact assessment.
- Wilby NDP SEA screening report (Land Use Consultants, Feb 2020)
- Wilby NDP SEA determination notice (July 2020)
With regards to habitats matters, Natural England agreed with the conclusions reached in the HRA screening report. A copy of that and our determination notice are published below:
- Wilby NDP HRA screening report (Place Services, Feb 2020)
- Wilby NDP HRA determination notice (Jun 2020)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (22 Jan - 12 Mar 2020)
Consultation on the Reg 14 pre-submission draft Wilby NDP closed on Thursday 12 March 2020.