Stowmarket Area Action Plan
The Stowmarket Area Action Plan (SAAP) was adopted on 21st February 2013 and is a formal planning policy document and sets out relevant planning policies to guide future development in Stowmarket and its immediate surrounding villages. It includes policies for retail in the town centre, requirements for design, and policies for the town’s river valleys and the historic environment. It also allocates specific sites to ensure that there is sufficient land for future growth in employment, housing, retail, and recreation.
- View the Stowmarket AAP (2013) Document
- Environmental Statement
- Chilton Leys Development Brief
- Edgecomb Park Development Brief
- Land South of Union Road Development Brief
- Mill Lane Development Brief
The SAAP document is being replaced by a new Joint Local Plan document for Babergh and Mid Suffolk districts.