Register a birth
To register a birth in Suffolk, you will need the following information:
- Date and place of birth
- Gender of baby
- Full name of the baby - including any middle name(s)
- Forenames and surname(s) of the baby's parent(s). You will need to include any previous names
- Date and place of birth of the baby's parent(s)
- Address of the baby's parent(s)
- Occupation (or previous occupation) of the baby's parent(s)
- Number of previous children by the baby's mother
If you are a married couple registering the birth of your baby, you will also need the date of your marriage.
Where do I register a birth?
Your baby's birth will need to be registered at a register office. Births need to be registered within six weeks.
Find out more information about registering a birth (gov.uk)
Registering a birth in Suffolk
Suffolk County Council have information on their website about how - and where - you can register a birth in Suffolk