Skip to main content
click for the homepage
mobile menu button

Contact Us

apply 2


report 2


pay 2


Home > Waste > Everything else in Waste > New properties and moving home

New properties and moving home

New properties

If you have moved into a new build property, you will need to order a set of household bins from us.

We will then be able to collect your refuse (general rubbish) and recycling.

For a one-off cost of £60.25, we will provide you with a refuse bin and a recycling bin. The bins will be clean and usable - but they might not be new.

Please note that we will only empty authorised Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Council bins, which we have issued to the address.

Order household bins for a new property

If you have moved into a new property with a garden, you can also order a garden waste (brown) bin from us

For the collection of waste from a non-domestic location, please visit our Business waste webpage instead to find out how we can help.

Moving home

Refuse and recycling bins

Your refuse and recycling bins are registered to your property. This means that they must be left behind when you move.

Garden waste bins

If you are moving home within the districts, you can take your garden waste bin with you. 

Let us know about your new address, so we can start collecting from your new property.

If you are moving out of the districts, please contact Waste Services so we can cancel your subscription and collect your bin.