Skip to main content
click for the homepage
mobile menu button

Contact Us

apply 2


report 2


pay 2


Home > Waste > New properties and moving home

New properties and moving home

New properties

If you have moved into a new property, you will need to order a set of household bins from us. This will allow us to collect your general household rubbish (refuse) and recycling.

For a one-off cost of £60.25, we will issue you with both a recycling and a refuse bin. The bins will be clean and usable, but we can't guarantee they'll be new.

Please note, we can only empty authorised Babergh or Mid Suffolk District Council bins that we have issued to the property.

Order bins for a new property 

If you have moved into a new property with a garden, you can order a garden waste (brown) bin from us

Moving home

Your recycling and refuse bins are registered to the property, so they will need to be left behind when you move.

Garden waste bins

If you are moving home within the districts, you can take your brown bin with you. You'll just need to let us know your new address, so we can arrange collection for you.

Change your bin collection address

If you are moving out of the districts, please contact Waste Services so we can cancel your subscription and collect your bin.