click for the homepage
mobile menu button

Contact Us

apply hd


report hd


pay hd


Home > Contact Us

Contact Us

We're trying to improve the way that we respond to your needs by using digital services.


You can use our online forms to pay, report and apply for things 24 hours a day. Our online forms allow us to serve you better by asking all the necessary questions. Note that all Development Management / Planning enquiries are charged for, and must be made using the appropriate online forms.


However, if you would like to contact us directly:

Please give as much detail as you can, to help us respond to you satisfactorily.

Preferred method of contact
Preferred time of contact


Phone us

Phone 0300 1234000 (from 8.45am) to be connected to any council service.

Please note information on call charges.

When calling the above number, please select:

  • Option 2 for council tax, housing benefits or housing rents
  • Option 3 for housing or housing repairs
  • Option 4 for bins, household waste and recycling
  • Option 5 for building control or planning
  • Option 6 for licensing
  • Option 7 for environmental health or general enquiries


For emergency repairs to council properties or to report dangerous structures: 0808 168 7794

For business rates: 01473 433851

To make a payment: 0845 372 4112

For a text mobile service for hard of hearing customers: 07827 842833


Visit us

  • Drop in to see us at Stowmarket (54 Ipswich Street, IP14 1AD), Monday to Thursday, from 9.00am to 5.00pm, or Friday, from 9.00am to 4.30pm.
  • Drop in to see us at Sudbury (Town Hall, Old Market Place, CO10 1TL), Monday to Thursday, from 9.00am to 12.30pm and from 1.30pm to 5.00pm, or Friday, from 9.00am to 12.30pm and from 1.30pm to 4.30pm.

If you have a need to visit Suffolk County Council's main office (Endeavour House), the address and information about visitor facilities is available here.


Write to us

Our mailing address is:

Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
Endeavour House
8 Russell Road
Ipswich IP1 2BX


Complain, compliment or comment

You can complain to us, pay a compliment or simply make a comment.

Use our website feedback form to report technical issues with our website.


Find your councillor

To find your councillor, visit our councillor information area.


Highways, Education, Social Care and Public Rights of Way

Visit the Suffolk County Council website for assistance with highways, education or social care matters.

If your query concerns public rights of way, please use Suffolk County Council's dedicated online reporting tool for public rights of way.