Our online forms are the easiest way for us to help you with an issue. They include all the information we need from you, to help us resolve your query.
You can also get in touch with us in other ways (detailed below).
Phone 0300 1234000 to be connected to any council service.
Our phone lines are open from 8.45am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. On Tuesdays, lines open at the slightly later time of 10.00am.
We are closed on weekends and public holidays.
Please note information on call charges
When calling the above number, please select:
- Option 1 for making a payment
- Option 2 for council tax, housing benefits or housing rents
- Option 3 for housing or housing repairs
- Option 4 for bins, household waste and recycling
- Option 5 for building control or planning
- Option 6 for licensing
- Option 7 for environmental health or general enquiries
If you've dialled 5 for Planning, the options are then as follows:
- Option 1 for Building Control (compliance with building regulations, demolitions, dangerous structures, and street naming & numbering)
- Option 2 for Land Charges
- Option 3 for Planning Application enquiries and tree matters including tree preservation orders
- Option 4 for Planning Policy (the Joint Local Plan and Neighbourhood Planning)
- Option 5 for Planning Enforcement who deal with breaches of Planning Control
- Option 6 for Heritage dealing with historic buildings within conservation areas
For calls made outside opening hours about emergency repairs to council properties (or to report dangerous structures), phone 0808 168 7794
For the text mobile service for hard of hearing customers, phone 07827 842833
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to keep up with council news and announcements.
Compliment, comment or complain
Tuesday from 10.00am to 5.00pm
Friday from 9.00am to 4.30pm
Monday from 9.00am to 5.00pm
Thursday from 9.00am to 5.00pm
Please read our Sudbury Customer Access Point FAQs for more information.
Every Wednesday, from 1.30pm to 4.30pm
The first Monday of every month, from 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Suffolk County Council's main offices are located at:
Our mailing address is:
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
8 Russell Road
Ipswich IP1 2BX
These contact details are for journalists only.
Phone 01449 724842
Find your councillor
Highways, Education, Social Care and Rights of Way