You can use our online forms to pay, report and apply, 24 hours a day.
Our online forms are the easiest way for us to help you with an issue. They include all the information we need from you, to help us resolve your query.
Please note that all planning enquiries are charged for.
You can also get in touch with us in other ways (detailed below).
Contact one of our departments online
Phone 0300 1234000 to be connected to any Council service.
Our phone lines are open from 8.45am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. On Tuesdays, lines open at the slightly later time of 10.00am.
We are closed on weekends and public holidays.
Please note information on call charges
When calling the above number, please select:
- Option 1 for making a payment
- Option 2 for Council Tax, Housing Benefit or housing rents
- Option 3 for housing or housing repairs
- Option 4 for bins, household waste and recycling
- Option 5 for building control or planning
- Option 6 for licensing
- Option 7 for environmental health or general enquiries
If you've dialled 5 for Planning, the options are then as follows:
- Press 1 for Building Control (compliance with building regulations, demolitions, dangerous structures, and street naming & numbering)
- Press 2 for Land Charges
- Press 3 for planning application enquiries and tree matters, including tree preservation, or Planning Enforcement (who deal with breaches of planning control) or Heritage (who deal with historic buildings within conservation areas)
- Press 4 for Planning Policy (the Joint Local Plan and Neighbourhood Planning)
For calls made outside opening hours about emergency repairs to council properties (or to report dangerous structures), phone 0808 168 7794
For the text mobile service for hard of hearing customers, phone 07827 842833
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to keep up with council news and announcements.
- Follow Babergh District Council on Twitter
- Follow Mid Suffolk District Council on Twitter
- Follow Babergh District Council on Facebook
- Follow Mid Suffolk District Council on Facebook
- Follow Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils on LinkedIn
Compliment, comment or complain
You can compliment our services, make a comment, or submit a complaint
Customer Access Points in Stowmarket, Sudbury and Shotley are available for face to face enquiries and visits by appointment ONLY.
Please first attempt to resolve your query online or by email or phone.
54 Ipswich Street, Stowmarket IP14 1AD
Tuesday from 10.00am to 5.00pm
Friday from 9.00am to 4.30pm
Sudbury Library, Market Hill, Sudbury CO10 2EN
Monday from 9.00am to 5.00pm
Thursday from 9.00am to 5.00pm
Hadleigh Library 27-29 High Street Hadleigh, Ipswich IP7 5AG
Every Wednesday, from 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Shotley Village Hall, The Street, Shotley, Ipswich IP9 1LX
The first Monday of every month, from 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Suffolk County Council's main offices are located at:
Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich IP1 2BX
Further information about Suffolk County Council visitor facilities
Our mailing address is:
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
8 Russell Road
Ipswich IP1 2BX
These contact details are for journalists only.
Phone 01449 724842
Find your councillor
Visit our online councillor information area
Highways, Education, Social Care and Rights of Way
Visit Suffolk County Council's website for highways, education or social care matters
Use Suffolk County Council's online reporting tool for public rights of way