Grass cutting and grounds maintenance
We maintain the grass, flower beds, shrubberies, hedges and trees on Council owned open spaces and grounds. We also cut some grass verges on behalf of Suffolk County Council.
Grounds maintenance is reviewed regularly to ensure that a high quality, cost-effective service is provided.
Please note that we are not responsible for the maintenance of rural highway verges. These are maintained by Suffolk County Council Highways
What services do we provide?
- cutting and maintaining grass
- pruning and caring for trees to keep them healthy and in a safe condition
- maintaining shrubberies, rose beds and hedges
- maintaining play areas, collecting litter, sweeping paths and emptying litter bins
What we ask of you
- if you are unhappy with any aspect of the service, or are experiencing grounds maintenance problems in your area, let us know
- if you see any vandalism or antisocial behaviour let us know - but inform the police first
- let us know if you see anybody digging close to our trees - especially if they are using a mechanical digger
- if there is a vehicle involved in any of the above incidents, try and write down the registration plate. This could help us trace the offender