Bulky item collections
Can't get to a recycling centre? For a one off cost of £42.50, we can collect and dispose of household items for you.
We'll always aim to recycle the items, and when we can't, they'll be taken to the Energy from Waste facility.
Business waste? Please head to business waste services instead to find out how we can help.
What you need to know:
- For a one off cost of £42.50, we will collect up to five separate items, or up to 10 bags of household refuse or garden waste
- Items must be moveable by one person with a sack barrow - this means we are unable to collect very large or heavy items, such as pianos or range type cookers
- We don't offer a house clearance service
- Items need to be placed where there is street access by 6:30am on your scheduled collection date – we can not enter properties, garages, back gardens or sheds
- We can only collect your items once we receive payment – this must be before 4pm on the last working day before your scheduled collection date
- Items such as climbing frames, swings and trampolines must be dismantled before collection and are classed as one item
- Carpet and underlay count as two items
- Items must be empty - e.g. fridges and freezers must not have any food left in them
We don't accept:
- Hazardous or DIY waste – please see our hazardous waste collections
- Fixtures and fittings (including doors)
- Items filled with other waste - e.g. a fridge containing food or a chest of drawers with clothes still in them
- Fridges or freezers containing ammonia
Book your collection
You can book your collection in two steps.
Please note: We are unable to provide a specific time on your chosen collection date. Your items must be ready for collection by 6.30am.
Suffolk Age UK collections
Items in good working order such as furniture, white goods and small electrical items from residential properties (with appropriate fire labels) can be sold on in their charity shops.
Good quality furniture can also be re-used or recycled at: