Bulky item collections
Bulky household items (for example, furniture, fridge-freezers) can be taken to one of Suffolk's recycling centres.
We can also collect and dispose of large household items for you.
We always aim to recycle the items. When we can't, they'll be taken to Suffolk's energy-from-waste facility in Great Blakenham.
For business waste, please visit our Business waste webpage instead to find out how we can help.
The following information details what you need to know about our bulky item collection service:
- For a one off cost of £43.75, we'll collect up to five separate items - or up to ten bags of household refuse (rubbish) and/or garden waste
- Bulky items must be moveable by one person with a sack barrow. This means we are unable to collect very large or heavy items (for example, pianos, range cookers)
- We do not offer a house clearance service
- Items must be easily accessible and placed where there is street access by 6.30am on your collection date
- We cannot enter properties, garages, back gardens or sheds to collect items
- Items such as climbing frames, swings and trampolines must be dismantled before collection and are classed as one item
- Carpet and underlay count as two separate items
- Items must be empty. For example, fridge-freezers must not have any food left in them and wardrobes need to be free of clothes
- Bookings, changes and cancellations must be made by midday on the working day before the scheduled collection date
We can not collect...
- hazardous waste – visit our Hazardous waste webpage for more information
- DIY waste, building materials, hardcore, rubble and soil - read information about disposing of these at one of Suffolk's recycling centres
- fixtures and fittings (this includes doors)
- fridges or freezers containing ammonia
If you are unsure about whether we can collect an item, please email Waste Services.
Book your collection
Please note that collections start from 6.30am and we are unable to provide a specific time.
Change your collection
If you have already booked a bulky item collection and need to make any changes (or cancel the collection) please email Waste Services.
Any changes or cancellations must be made by midday on the working day before the scheduled collection date.