Home > Waste > Order or renew a garden waste bin

Order or renew a garden waste bin

Please note that garden waste must not be put in refuse (general rubbish) or recycling bins.

Garden waste can be taken to Suffolk Recycling Centres. Another way to recycle garden waste is via home composting.

We also offer a garden waste collection service.

New subscriptions

Garden waste collections are carried out every two weeks. This is with the exception of two weeks over the Christmas and New Year period.

There is an annual subscription fee for this service and you can subscribe for multiple garden waste (brown) bins.

  • For addresses in Babergh the charge is £57.00 per bin
  • For addresses in Mid Suffolk the charge is £54.50 per bin

Please note that for new or additional subscriptions, there is a one-off administration charge of £5.00.

Your application might need to be assessed to see if it is possible to carry out your collections easily and safely.

Once you have applied for a brown bin, you will normally receive it within four weeks.

You don't need to be at home when your bin is delivered, and your subscription will begin from the delivery date.

Before you apply, please read our garden waste collection service terms and conditions.

Please also learn what can and can't be put into a brown bin.

Subscribe to our garden waste collection service

Please also use the subscription link to apply for additional garden waste bins.

Renew a subscription

To renew your garden waste collection service subscription, you will need your customer number and your invoice number.

You can find your customer number and invoice number at the top of your renewal invoice.

If you do not know you customer or invoice number, please contact Waste Services online.

Renew your garden waste collection service

Change of address

Moving house within the districts?

If you are moving home within Babergh or Mid Suffolk, you can take your garden waste (brown) bin with you. 

Let us know about your new address, so we can start collecting from your new property.

Leaving the districts?

If you are moving out of the districts, please contact Waste Services online so we can cancel your subscription and collect your brown bin.