If you are a full-time student, you may qualify for help with your rent.
This is if you fall into one of these categories:
- you receive Income Support, Income Based Job Seekers Allowance or Employment & Support Allowance (Income related)
- students who count as part-time
- students under 21 not in higher education (the course must have started before you turned 19)
- students under 20 on non-advanced course of full-time education - or approved training which started/you enrolled on before you turned 19
- students who are pension age
- students who qualify for a disability or severe disability premium
- lone parent
- student couples with dependent children
- you are solely responsible for a child aged under 19 and following a course of further education
Couples - Who must make the claim?
Partners of students, who are not students themselves, are eligible to claim Housing Benefit on behalf of the couple.
We will need information about the student's income, where they study and the course dates. Please contact us if you need further advice