County, Town and Parish Council services
Suffolk County Council is responsible for services such as education, social care, highways, fire, recreation, waste disposal and strategic planning.
Here is a list of useful services which the County Council provides:
- Apply for a dropped kerb
- Care and support
- Bus passes
- Highways (including reporting potholes)
- Public transport
- School closures due to bad weather
- Street lighting
- Senior Railcard
- Disabled parking (blue badges)
- Recycling centres ( rubbish tips)
- Mental health and wellbeing services (public health)
Parish and Town Councils are responsible for services such as allotments, cemeteries, village halls and community centres.