Home > Planning > Planning Applications

Planning Applications

The Local Planning Authority cannot confirm use classes on premises or land. This is because we cannot provide proof that any permission has been acted on within the 3 year time limit.

We recommend you make an application for a Lawful Development Certificate for Existing Use. This will provide confirmation of the current use class or classes of a site. You must provide documents that give proof of business activity or use.

You can make an application for a Lawful Development Certificate via the Planning Portal

We cannot provide planning histories for any site prior to 1974.

Do I need planning permission?

Planning fees and making payments

Application Search and Comment

Apply for planning permission

Planning obligations and viability

Planning guidance and research

Interactive map for Babergh and Mid Suffolk

What to do once you have a decision

Planning appeals

Applications of district wide interest

Contact Planning