Storm Babet: who you can contact and what to do after a flood

Who to contact and updated flood support information

Government Support

The UK Government has announced financial support for those in flood hit areas.

The support will be available through councils who will announce further details on eligibility and how to apply in due course.

What we need from you

With an event on the scale of Storm Babet the immediate challenge is to record where the flooding has occurred and the extent of the impact, so we are asking for your support by reporting significant flooding to your home or business using the Suffolk County Council Highways Reporting Tool.

Emergency contact details

If you need to speak to us regarding matters such as housing, waste or street cleansing please contact us

If you need to speak to us outside our opening hours to report emergency repairs or concerns regarding housing please phone 0808 168 7794

For flooding, river blockages, or anything that could pose a flood risk, the Environment Agency has a 24/7 incident hotline number - 0800 807060.

Suffolk Highways has an online reporting system for road problems, such as flooding on roads, ditches and streams.

You can visit Suffolk County Council’s website to find out more about road closures, reporting a flood and school closures.

For more information and guidance on flooding, please visit our flooding information page.

Following the flooding

If your home was recently flooded, we may be able to support with collecting items that have been damaged or broken. If you need this support, please fill in the below form.

Flood item collection service

If you are not able to access online services contact 0300 1234 000 (option 7) or visit us at a customer access point and we can complete on your behalf. 

Flood warning sign