Mid Suffolk Cosy Homes
Welcome to our Cosy Homes Initiative
What is the Cosy Homes Initiative?
We are proud to present our Cosy Homes Initiative, which is a £2 million Energy Efficiency Initiative dedicated to making your home warmer, more economical to heat, and more environmentally friendly this winter.
The new initiative aims to assist Mid Suffolk residents enhance the energy efficiency of their home, which will help them save on energy costs and reduce their carbon footprint.
Who is the Initiative for?
The Initiative is available to:
- private tenants
- landlords with fewer than five properties in Mid Suffolk
It is tailored specifically for households with an income of less than £60,000, and less than £16,000 in savings.
What is the Initiative offering?
We are offering a generous grant of up to £3,500 per property. Its aim is to improve your home's Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating from a D-G, to a C. The grant does not need to be paid back and can be spent on insulation, enhancing energy efficiency and facilitating savings.
The grant is available for a range of insulation measures, which include but are not limited to:
- loft insulation (including clearance)
- cavity wall insulation
- draught proofing
- solid wall, floor and underfloor insulation
- roof insulation (both flat roof and pitched roof)
- room in roof insulation (considered in special cases, for example listed buildings which need the PAS2035 route)
- Residency: Available to Mid Suffolk residents who are homeowners, private tenants or landlords (who own fewer than five properties within the district)
- Financial: Households with an annual income below £60,000, and less than £16,000 in savings
- EPC Rating: Properties with a current EPC rating between D-G ( if a property does not have a EPC rating and all the other eligibility criteria are met then an EPC Rating assessment will be carried as part of the scheme.)
- Council Tax: Properties within Council Tax bands A-D
We will assess the gross household income, taking into account all members of the household.
We have partnered with the Aran Group, as leaders in energy efficiency solutions. They are committed to making homes and businesses warmer and more economical to heat, with a focus on customer service and professional excellence.
How to apply
You are able to apply online, and upload relevant supporting documents.
Before you start, please make sure you have your Council Tax banding, EPC rating, bank statements and landlord permission (if applicable) to hand.
After you apply
Once your application has been verified, a referral will be made to Aran Group - who will contact you within five working days. They will ensure that the most effective measures are prioritized to lower your home energy efficiently.
Following a survey and assessment, a quotation will be prepared. Upon approval, the installation process can start. We will keep you informed every step of the way.
The whole process (from initial contact to installation) should be completed - in most cases - within a maximum of three months.