Storms Babet and Ciarán: Useful information

Useful contact information

Support for residents and businesses impacted by flooding

The government has announced a package of support for people who have suffered internal flood damage to their homes and businesses as a result of Storm Babet, or for business owners who have been impacted by severely restricted access for suppliers, staff or customers - and as a result, have suffered as a loss of trade.

Affected households in Suffolk will start receiving financial support during November. To receive help, you will first need to report your flood damage.

We are currently working with colleagues at Suffolk County Council to produce a comprehensive list of the properties that experienced internal flooding, and the business owners who were severely restricted by the flooding, to make sure that all those eligible for financial aid receive it.

Flood clean up support

We’re working hard to help communities clean up following the flooding and are clearing away items damaged by floodwater, and cleaning streets in the impacted areas.

If your home was recently flooded, we may be able to support with collecting items that have been damaged or broken. If you need this support, please fill in the below form.

Flood item collection service

If you are not able to access online services contact 0300 1234 000 (Option 7) or visit us at a customer access point and we can complete this on your behalf.

Please note, before disposing of any flood damaged items:

  • Please speak to your insurance company first.
  • Flood water is likely to be contaminated, always wear waterproof gloves and clothing when disposing of flood damaged items.
  • Residents are asked to leave any flood damaged items outside their property so these can be identified by the collection crews.

Other support available

Visit our flooding page for more information about preparing or reporting a flood.

Bins and recycling

If you have a missed bin collection or need to request a new bin please visit our bins and recycling pages, or call 0300 1234 000 (Option 4).

You can also visit Suffolk County Council's website to find out more about recycling centre (rubbish tip) opening times and book a slot.

Temporary accommodation

Our housing solutions team can support you with temporary accommodation following the recent floods. Please note, residents and landlords should contact their insurance company in the first instance as they should be able to make arrangements on your behalf. Please only contact us if your insurance company is unable to arrange or provide emergency accommodation.

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice can also provide help and assistance with queries related to financial support and have useful guidance on making a claim on your insurance policy.

Mental health support

Find support and advice about mental health and wellbeing, including local organisations, support groups and information.

You can also contact Samaritans.

You can also contact the National Flood Forum - a charity to help, support and represent people at risk of flooding.